1 pack of Koopmans Butter Cake
200 g butter
1 egg (M) (all at room temperature)
Butter cake tin or spring tin 24 cm
Mixer with dough hooks
Oven temperature Electric oven: 200 C Convection oven: 180 C Gas oven: position 4- 5
Preparation time: approx. 10 minutes
Baking time: 22-27 minutes
1. Place the rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven.
2. Grease the mold with butter or use a baking spray.
3. Beat the egg in a small bowl.
4. Gently stir the 200 g butter in a mixing bowl. Add the butter cake mix and 2/3 of the beaten egg and knead with a mixer with dough hooks or by hand to form a cohesive dough.
5. Put the dough in the baking tin and divide the dough with the convex side of a wet spoon over the tin.
6. Brush the dough with the rest of the beaten egg.
7. Draw oblique lines in the dough with a fork to create a diamond pattern.
8. Bake the butter cake in 22-27 minutes until golden and brown.
9. Allow the butter cake to cool for approximately 1 hour before removing it from the tin.
Tips & variations
Mix (approximately 100 g) mixed (chopped) nuts with the remaining egg. Spread the nut mixture on the cake and press it slightly. Advice: do not use pecan or walnut.
You can also knead extra ingredients through the dough. For example: 75 g of ground coconut, the grated zest of half an orange, 2 bags of vanilla sugar or 2 tablespoons of lemon zest.